- Project Manager
- October 4, 2017
Mears Group, a subsidiary of Quanta Services, is seeking an experienced Project Manager to fulfill a full time position in San Ramon, California. Mears is a full service asset management and construction firm, focused on integrity solutions for pipeline and power facilities.
The position will require you to work primarily in an office setting as you help our construction team meet the needs of our valued and high profile clients. The primary focus will be to be the project manager for work in California who ensures our work is completed on time, within budget and meets quality expectations. This includes daily tracking job(s) progress, budgets, and change order submittals. In addition, this role would is expected to develop a strong, trusting relationship with our clients so that conflicts and needed changes are addressed quickly. The position requires strong communication with our clients, vendors, and sub-contractors to ensure our work quality not only meets but exceeds expectations.
Applicants must have 5 years of experience in project management or related fields, strong communication and computer skills, accounting and business management knowledge, and the ability to work independently and collaboratively with a group.
- Ensure projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget
- Assist in the definition of project scope and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders
- Manage changes to the project scope, project schedule, and project costs using appropriate verification techniques
- Measure project performance using appropriate tools and techniques
- Report and escalate issues to management as needed
- Successfully manage the relationship with the client and all stakeholders
- Establish and maintain relationships with third parties/vendors
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation
- Proven experience in project management
- Solid technical background with understanding and/or hands-on experience within pipeline integrity or pipeline construction is preferred
- Excellent client and internal communication skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multi-tasking skills
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office with emphasis on Microsoft Project
- Bachelor degree in Engineering, Construction Management Preferred
- PMP certification is a plus
Download an Application Here